2018-06-25

Magnetic Wooden Photo Frame DIY

If you paid attention to interior trends lately you probably noticed magnetic wooden photo frames. I really love how the simplicity of the frame makes the poster / painting / photo pop out. However, I didn’t like the price the frames come with. So I decided to dig a bit deeper and came up with a cheap and easy homemade version of the magnetic wooden photo frame.


What you need to make one frame:

- Wooden strips e.g. beech (mine are 2 cm / ¾ in wide)
- Magnetic tape
- Nylon thread (or any other thread you want to you for hanging the frame e.g. leather cord, jute yarn)



Start by measuring your poster / painting / photo and buy (or cut) four wooden strips with the appropriate length. Next cut and attach your magnetic tape. The tape I bought was quite strong so I ended up cutting in total four pieces of tape each 5 cm / 2 in long and cut each in half lengthwise. When attaching the tape to the wooden strips makes sure they’re all installed at the same position otherwise the magnetic effect won’t work. 


piastuff.compiastuff.com



Once you are done attach your thread of choice to one or two of the wooden strips. As I wanted to use a thin nylon thread I attached it to both upper wooden strips to give it more stability.

Now all you need to do is to add your poster / painting / photo and mount the magnetic wooden frame to the wall.


piastuff.compiastuff.com

I really love this cute frames and it’s such a simple and easy DIY plus you could also stain the wood to match the rest of your interior design.

What do you think?